Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cactus








Ok crazy story, As you know we went to Arizona in February. Well while we were down there, I talked Lyle into cutting me some small pieces of Cactus we got Beaver tail, prickly pear and cholla teddy bear. He was much apposed to this from the start. His reasons being they have thorns and its not legal. Well I soon convinced him that, I would bail him out of jail (in a day or two). And here we are only a month and 1/2 later and he has all the spines picked out of his fingers. So I really think now he is glad he did that for me.LOL Anyway we brought the cuttings home to show the Grandkids. So I but them in a bowl of water in the kitchen window sill.Hoping they would stay fresh until I could show the kids.Well they didn't only stay fresh , they are getting new growth everyday. So when I went to pour myself a cup of coffee on monday, the Beaver tail had this magnificent bloom on it. I Couldn't believe my eyes. Maybe I do have a green thumb after all.

4 comments:

jlcumber said...

FUN!!! :) I love it!

Roger said...

Beautiful.
I never doubted your green thumb for a minute.
And I know you can bake a cake with a file in it for Lyle when they come and get him.

Sam said...

This is too cool, Mom!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to show it to the kiddos.

Rhoda said...

Glad to hear that Dad won't have to have that thumb amputated after all. See Dad, it was all worth it. :)